Many iPhone users rely on the popular app Vinted for buying, selling, or swapping clothing and accessories. However, like any other application, Vinted occasionally runs into issues and might crash or not function properly on your device. This can be frustrating, especially if you’re in the middle of a transaction or trying to browse for that perfect item. The good news is that there are several simple troubleshooting steps you can take to try to resolve the crashing issue and get back to using the app smoothly.
Solution 1: Check Vinted Server Status
Vinted has faced outages before, and there is a good possibility that it might be facing downtimes now. We suggest you check Downdetector to check if Vinted is down.
However, if Vinted is up and running fine, let’s try a few more methods to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Restart Your Device
A simple yet effective starting point is to restart your device. This basic troubleshooting step can resolve minor glitches and improve your device’s performance, ensuring a smoother operation of Vinted.
Here’s how you can restart:
- To turn off your device:
- For iPhone X and later models: Press and hold the volume down button along with the side button.
- For iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd generation), 7, and 8: Press and hold the side button.
- For iPhone SE (1st generation), 5s, 5c, or 5: Press and hold the top power button.
- Slide to power off when prompted and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Power your iPhone back on by holding the power button until the logo appears.
Solution 3: Toggle Airplane Mode
Toggling Airplane Mode on and off can refresh your iPhone’s network connections, which might solve the crashing issue:
- Swipe into your iPhone’s Control Center.
- Tap the Airplane Mode icon to turn it on, wait a few seconds, then tap again to turn it off.
Solution 4: Close Vinted and Background Apps
Another common issue is the lack of sufficient RAM to support both Vinted and other background applications. Closing all apps can free up the device’s memory:
- Double-press the home button or swipe up from the bottom (for devices with Face ID) to access the app switcher.
- Locate Vinted and swipe it up to close.
Solution 5: Update Vinted
Using an outdated version of Vinted can lead to not working. Ensure you have the latest version installed by checking for updates in the App store. Developers regularly release updates to fix bugs and improve performance.
Solution 6: Update Your Device’s OS
Keeping your device’s operating system up to date is crucial for app compatibility and performance:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install the latest version.
Solution 7: Reinstall Vinted
If updating doesn’t work, try reinstalling Vinted:
- Press and hold the app icon on your home screen until a menu appears.
- Tap “Remove App” or “Delete App” and confirm.
- Reinstall Vinted from the App Store.
In conclusion, experiencing crashes with the Vinted app on your iPhone can disrupt your buying or selling activities. By following the outlined solutions — checking server status, restarting your device, toggling airplane mode, closing the app and background apps, updating the app, updating your device’s OS, or reinstalling Vinted — you stand a good chance of resolving the issue. Remember, app glitches are common and often easily fixable, so don’t let a temporary setback keep you from enjoying your Vinted experience.